Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Memoir Monday - Week 26

Children are such a blessing! I do so enjoy watching them grow up even though it happens way too fast.  This week's focus is on our lovely babies.

1. When you were younger – how many kids did you think you wanted? Did that change? How many do you have and would you want more?

2. What were your pregnancies like with each of your children?


1. When you were younger – how many kids did you think you wanted? Did that change? How many do you have and would you want more?

I had my children young. My daughter was born when I was twenty. I didn’t really have time to plan on kids or how many. When she was born, I knew there would be at least one more – we’ve always moved around a lot, and I wanted her to have a sibling. When I remarried, I wanted to have another child with my husband. We ended up having two. So, four total. I can’t say I really planned that number one way or the other. God knows just how many He wants to give, and I’m glad I have the four I do. More? Ummm… No. I think diaper days have passed us by. Grandchildren one day will be nice, but I’m certainly in no rush!

2. What were your pregnancies like with each of your children?

My first one I had a little preeclampsia. She was late by a few days, induced, and weighted 8lbs 10.5ozs.

My second was a week late, also induced, and weighed 11lbs. It turned out he had a defect called pyloric stenosis, so at six weeks had to have surgery on his stomach. Being a big baby really helped him come through that well.

I had placenta previa with my third. After several trips to the hospital, he was delivered five weeks early and spent a week in the hospital. He’s my only c-section. 5lbs 5ozs at birth – so tiny!

My last was my easiest pregnancy. He was to be induced on my birthday. We had the pitosin running and everything, but he wouldn’t come. So, one week later he made his appearance by a second induction. He was 9lbs 13ozs.

None came on their own – that would have been nice, but at least I knew when to expect them. Of course, that is, except for my last one that wanted to wait a week.

Come on by and link up letting us know how your family grew to what it is today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!