Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

This Wedding Reminds Me...

We went to a wedding of a good friend’s son on Sunday.  I haven’t been to a wedding in ages.  It was outdoors, so, of course, it rained, but only for a bit.  Then, it stopped, the sun came out, and the wedding went on as planned.  Beautiful.

What I loved most, though, was being there with my husband.  He’s been sick all week, but he was finally well enough to come with me.  Hearing the vows makes us remember our vows to each other so many moons, so many children, so many joys, so many obstacles ago.

Not only is it good to remember them, but to recall the for betters and the for worses we’ve gotten through.  The for richers and the for poorers.  Those times when we’ve supported each other through sickness and enjoyed our health. 
It was good to remember that our family started with the two of us making vows before God that we were in this together.  Solid.

I may be the one sending a thank you note to the couple – thanking them for the wonderful reminder that our marriage is beautiful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!