Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Healthy Bean Dip for the Super Bowl

I know that calories are a big issue when it comes to Super Bowl eating.  Goodness knows around our house my hubby likes to break out those high cal munchy foods. 

One dip I love, that is actually healthy, is a bean dip recipe I got from a friend several years ago.  No sour cream, no refried beans in a can, no guac, only fresh ingredients.   I thought I'd share it with you.  Of course, what you dip into it may make or break the healthy aspect.  :-)

1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 bag frozen whole kernel sweet corn
1 tomato diced
1/2 onion diced
3 tbs cilantro chopped fine (or to taste - can use dried if you want)
1 1/2 tbs olive oil
3 tbs lime juice
salt/pepper to taste

Mix and let set for a few hours for the flavors to meld. Delicious cold or room temp. We LOVE it!


Be warned - it's addictive!

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy. I'll have to try this recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!