Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Knorr Green Chicken Chili

Knorr has a new product out - Knorr Homestyle Stock in chicken and beef.  I was excited to try these as they small tubs of stock flavor that fit nicely in the pantry and are a quick go-to when you don't have stock readily available.


Knorr recently sent me an email with recipes - one that caught my eye was the Green Chicken Chili.  I love green chili!  This is a healthy recipe that sounded great and let me testdrive the Homestyle Stock I had in my cupboard.  Here's the recipe:



I made a couple minor modifications.  First, my husband can't eat jalapeno, so I left it out. 

Chicken, Onion and Garlic
Second, I doubled the recipe. 

Four cups of water, 2 Knorr Homestyle Stock and a full can of Green Chili
When I tasted it, it was a little bland sans the jalapeno, so I added a can of diced tomatoes with green chili to give it more flavor.  Yum!  I also added another can of beans (or 1/2 can for a single recipe).  This gave it a more chili-like consistency.

Three Cans of Cannellini or Great Northern Beans
I have to say - this one was a winner.  My VERY finicky son who swore he'd hate it loved it as did my husband.  I'm adding it to the repetiore as it's quick, easy and healthy.  Yum!

Finished with Tomatoes and Cheddar Cheese on top
Looking for a quick, easy recipe that's a little different from the same 'ol, same 'ol - give this one a try!


Knorr® Homestyle Stock: Thanks Knorr for my free sample. Learn more about Knorr Homestyle Stock and get great recipe ideas at http://bit.ly/sDRUdc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!