Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Science Weekly Review

Science Weekly

Cost: 15 issues for $19.95

Ages:  Grades 1-6


Science Weekly is a 15-issue science magazine delivered to your door. This magazine is a fun supplement to your regular elementary science studies.

What I liked most about the magazine was its colorful approach to the topic (we had composting). The visual appeal makes students want to read and work with the material. Science weekly offers six different levels of the same topic so that you can engage all of your students at once! This is wonderful for homeschooling families with a wide age range in their children. Everyone on the same topic, enjoying the same activity is a blessing.



The Composting issues we received contained the following:

1. Content about what composting is

2. Vocabulary, Math, Science and puzzle based activities

3. A lab that we could perform and track

We were not able to actually compost, but I would have liked to. The lab was simple and would have been a fun learning experience for my children. Additionally, I appreciated the teaching notes that included not only the answers to the activities, but suggestions for engaging the kids.

I would note that while the grade level says through sixth grade - the magazine was a little too easy for my sixth grader.  I would say these would be applicable pre-K to fourth grade.

If you are looking for a fun way to engage your elementary age children while supplementing your science curriculum with interesting interdisciplinary activities, then Science Weekly is a good option.

Order Science Weekly here.
See four levels of five different interactive topics here.
View and download a fun issue about Coral Reefs here.

To see other reviews by the TOS Homeschool Crew click here.

*** I was provided Science Weekly free of charge as part of my participation on the TOS Homeschool Crew for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!