Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Take me out to the… Opera?

Yes, I’m dragging, um, taking my two boys to the opera. They’ve been before. Once. It was The Barber of Seville. This time, we’re going lighter, with the HMS Pinafore. Hopefully, they’ll like it.


I never went to the opera as a child. No biggie one way or the other, but the opera always seemed like something rich people did in rich places, not us common folk. So, I want my kiddos to go and do and realize that the arts are just as “common” as, say, a ballgame.

My goal for years has been to get the kids to the symphony, a play and the opera each year. Plays we have under our belt. Symphonies – we’ve seen several. Operas, not so much. So, we’re adding to that goal tonight.

Hopefully, it’ll be an enjoyable experience. Even if they don’t like it, they’ve experienced it and when they grow up they can decide if they are going to drag… um.. take their kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!