Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Youngest Riding the Rapids - Yikes!

Youngest is still away at camp, but he comes home tomorrow!  Yay!

Today, they are whitewater rafting.  Yikes!  I’m excited for him because I know it’s going to be a blast.

However…  My mom mind races with all the what if’s.  What if something happens?  Does your mind do that?  Run to all those places it shouldn’t.  I know we’re not supposed to worry and put it in God’s hands, but it’s so hard to do especially when he is so far away.
Motherhood is tough.  We’re that she-lion waiting to extend our claws and terminate anything that challenges our cubs, but, on the other hand, we’re also that mama bird throwing them out of the nest and telling them it’s time to take flight on their own. 

Maybe it’s good we’re forced to place them in God’s hands since in reality they are always there.  I know it’s a mental thing.  No wonder motherhood drives us all crazy!
One more day…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!