Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Week 1, Year 5 - Half Way to Graduation... Time So Does Fly!

I was thinking just this morning that I cannot believe we’ve been homeschooling for five years!  It feels like we just started!  Wow!  My youngest had now officially been homeschooling the same amount of time he spent in public school. 

This is our first week.  We’ve started slow, just doing half days.  Our co-op where they each take three classes had some pre-start work to get done, so we’re focusing on that.  Next week, it’ll be full days.
What I love is the boys positive attitude.  They were ready to start.  I’ve been sick all week, and they’ve just gotten up each morning and hit the ground running.  I think we’ve finally reached that panacea I dreamed of when we started homeschoolng.  They love to learn! 

After five years of homeschooling,  I can still honestly say I’ve never woken up a single day and wished we weren’t doing school here at home.  It’s such a joy.  What makes me sad is that we are now at the half way point, five years from now, they will both have graduated.   Sigh!
How long have you been homeschooling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!