Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Slim Down Sunday Meme - Week 4

Heartfelt HomeschoolingWhether you want to lose 10 pounds, 20 pounds or 100 pounds – it always helps to have support from those around you.

Goal – lose 20 pounds   
Pounds Lost (Week 4) – Down 8 pounds!  (12 total)  Weighed today and had four more lost than I originally thought.  Woot!


How it Went This Week:
This has been one crazy week!  Spending the first two days in the hospital and the last catching up on everything I needed to get done has pretty much derailed some of my good intentions.  However, I've been very disciplined about eating. 

What I didn't do - exercise and drink water like I had planned.

I'm excited to see another drop in pounds, though!  That's the ticket!  The hubby says he's beginning to see places where the weight has dropped.  That certainly feels good to hear!


What’s my Plan for this Week:
Water and exercise for sure!  This week is a big week in terms of getting ready to start our homeschool year.  We'll be easing into full time over the next two weeks with August 22nd being our official full first day.  I need to establish habits now so that I won't slack off when the hustle and bustle of schooling get rolling.

Go to the doctor.  I'm supposed to follow up with my doctor anyway, but I am at an all time low for energy.  Actually had one great day of energy and paid for it with three days of feeling utterly spent.  Every nurse/doctor at the hospital that had anything to do with my vitals commented on how really low my blood pressure is, so I'm going to pursue that with my primary this week.  Do any of you fight fatigue?  What works for you? 

How about you?  What have been your successes this week?  I'd love to hear what's working for you - I know I want the scale to keep going down and will take all the advice I can get!

7 comments:

  1. Water and exercise, that is what I am working on! I exercised as planned last week, but I do need to increase my H2o intake. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on losing so much already! I am constantly tired but most of that is due to the fact that I stay up too late!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawntele, Good for you with the exercise! I really need to do that more. This heat makes my "walk outside for a mile" hard to keep up. :-) (I know, excuses...)

    Karen, I DO need to get to bed earlier. Earlier to bed earlier to rise with school starting. :-)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doing so well, especially if you fighting fatigue!! Would you be able to share your program? I converted my kgs to pounds and realise I've lost 0.6 pounds, so nothing really! This week will be better though! Off to be inspired and cheer on the other girls ;)
    Cheers Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, No program really. Just what I put on my posts. I'm eating LOTS of fruits and veggies with a little lean white meat for protein. I try to keep my calories around 1200 per day. My "goal" has been to walk a mile a day and do TKD twice a week, but my hosp visit has sidelined that temporarily. What I'm happy about is that I'm not hungry. I think avoiding carbs has a lot to do with that. If I eat crackers, bread, cereal, anything like that, I am STARVING all day. I do eat yogurt as well for dairy. Not sure if this helps... Thanks for commenting!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Blog Is Very imformative. Thanks . Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your progress April! woohoo! YOU GO GIRL! Sorry I'm just getting in for last week~ready for tomorrow though! :-)) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!