Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Dieting – Test Driving Sensa

I decided to try Sensa.  It’s based on the idea that you sprinkle a powder on your food that enhances the scent of the food making you fill fuller faster.  Seems a little hokey, but it is very true that scent has a lot to do with the enjoyment of food.  The science, at least on the surface, appears sound.

My sister is trying it as well.  I guess we will be a good mini-pool of testers.  No, I’m not getting this product for a review.  I’m just trying to lose weight, and this seemed worth a try.  Plus, having read blogs by several others that found it helpful, I figured it can’t hurt.

What I like about it is that it’s not messing with your body chemistry.  I know that the HCG diet works for most who can stick to the 500 calories a day, but I just don’t like the idea of taking hormones for weight loss.  More power to those that it works for, though!
I’ll keep you posted on how it’s working.  In addition to using Sensa, I’m eating healthy.  I’d really slipped into an all junk, most of the time scenario, so weight loss will also be attributable to a lower calorie/lower fat diet plus all of our TKD.  But, if it helps curb the hunger while I’m cutting back, then it’s a winning combination.

One note – several sites noted that if you buy Sense from the advertisement where you get the first month free, it can be hard to get them to stop charging you when you decide to cancel.  I’ve never liked those options where they automatically bill you.  So, my sister and I both went through Costco.  They have a good deal, and you buy as you go.
Anyone else trying Sensa?

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about it, so I'll be watching to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!