Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Weekend Diet Hurdle

For me, dieting during the week really isn’t that hard.  Since we homeschool, I’m home and have good diet foods accessible.  The boys can make their own breakfast/lunch, so I can just eat what I want without much worry.  In the evenings, I typically make a meal for the men and eat my own foods.

HOWEVER, the weekends, for me, are much more difficult.  That is when we are all home and either running or resting.  My husband loves making big breakfasts, and eating out happens a lot on the weekends.  In fact, he's in the kitchen making bacon right now.  (He did buy me a personal watermelon, though.)

It’s SO much harder to be disciplined and eat healthy when everyone else is ready to pig out at a local eatery.  Sure, there are healthy options, but when you are stuck in a booth with everyone around eating those yummy, fried delicacies that you crave, it’s hard to opt for the salad with lowfat/lowcal dressing on the side.

In theory, Sensa should help with that.  Even if I splurge, which I’m committed to not doing right now, I should be able to sprinkle and feel fuller, thus eating less.  We’ll see. 

My hubby loves me, but he also loves food.  He doesn’t like having to modify routine, either.  So…

Weekends, yeah.  We’ll see how this goes!

How do you get through the weekends while on a diet?

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. For a bit of light relief you might enjoy this cartoon about the food pyramid. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/food-pyramid.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!