Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Slim Down Sunday Meme - Week 2

Heartfelt HomeschoolingWhether you want to lose 10 pounds, 20 pounds or 100 pounds – it always helps to have support from those around you.

Goal – lose 20 pounds
Pounds Lost (Week 2) – Five!!!



How it’s Going This Week:

I have to say, I am very excited about the five pound drop.  I know it won’t keep coming like that, but it’s a boost to have a drop instead of nothing or worse going up.
This past week was more of the same at the workshop.  Walking to and from the class helped with exercise.  They served fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch, and I was on my own for dinner.  Since I was solo, it was easy to make healthy choices. 

I ate several Subway subs with ham or turkey and no cheese or condiments.  Also, Wendy's has a apple/pecan salad that is yummy.  (I order it with no chicken.)  So, lots of reasonably priced choices that taste good.  One thing I was shocked by - Panera's Turkey on Country white with no cheese or condiments is 450 calories!  Yikes!  So watch what you choose, sometimes it's deceptive.
Now that I’m back home and emboldened by the drop, I went and got a bunch of fruit and salad stuffs to keep up with what appears to be working.  I have the feeling I’m going to get sick of salad, but I’ll keep eating it as long as I can.  I bought several bags of frozen veggies, too.  A big serving of broccoli or the like can be very filling without calories or fats.
What’s my Plan for this Week:
First, walking around the block at least twice a day.  Our “block” is half a mile, so a mile minimum a day.  If this heat would back down a little, it would be easier to envision increasing this number.  May try to up TKD to three times a week, but we’ll see.
As noted above, I’m going with the fruits and veggies plan.  One thing I definitely notice is that if I eat carbs like cereal or breads for breakfast, I’m hungry all day.  So, none of that!
I’d like to try drinking more water.  At the workshop, I was probably drinking five to seven diet cokes a day.  So bad for me!  Maybe I’ll try a tall glass of water for each diet coke I drink.  I miss sweet tea!
Finally, I'm counting calories.  The main reason for this is because it forces me to face how many I’m eating in a day.  My goal is to keep it between 1200 and 1500 a day.  I know I'm a lot less likely to eat something with a lot of calories if I have to write it down and subtract it from what I’m allowing myself.  This really seems to help me just say NO!

How are you doing this week?

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 5 lbs lost! I am stopping by from the Crew...I'm following you now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done April!! Good job. Just added my link. Not a good week for me as I have the FLU :(

    Keep up the good work.

    Blessings,

    http://elizabethherr.blogspot.com/2011/07/slim-down-sunday-meme-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 pounds is great! Good job!! I'm looking forward to joining you every week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much fun! I am so glad you mentioned your meme on VoiceBoks. I guess because the shakes have so many nutrients I haven't felt like eating other meals. I have so many different recipes that I haven't had any problem with them. Thank you for sponsoring this! I am so glad you are having success too. It is so important when we see either the measuring tape or the scale move to the direction we are wanting! Have a great week. Lisa

    My Blog
    Find me on twitter
    Google Plus Me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!