Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Slim Down Sunday Meme - Week 3

Heartfelt HomeschoolingWhether you want to lose 10 pounds, 20 pounds or 100 pounds – it always helps to have support from those around you.

Goal – lose 20 pounds   
Pounds Lost (Week 3) – Up .5 pounds (Down 4.5 total)


How it Went This Week:
Well, I’m sad.  I know this is how weight loss goes, but I’ve been SO good this week and the scale went up!  Part of it, I think, is water weight (my ankles are cankles right now).  I’ve been doing a lot of walking out in the heat.  But…  Even down a half pound would feel so much better!  :-(


What’s my Plan for this Week:
First, I’m going to do more than mentally count calories.  I’m going to write down everything I eat and the calorie count.  If I’m doing as good as I think I am, the scale should start moving.

Second, keep walking the mile a day.  It’s not much, but it’s something.  That and two TKD classes are my exercise for now.  I need to be off the computer more too.  That’s one of my goals for all of August.

Third, drink more water.  Yuck!  I don’t like drinking water, but I need to commit to doing it.  For this week, I’m going to drink a glass of water every time I drink anything else.  Alternating.  That should help with water weight.

How has your week gone? 

11 comments:

  1. Hun~I'm sure you know it's normal for our wt to flux as much as 3 or more pounds depending on all kinds of things such as weather and our chemistry... I read in one source where we should weigh everyday and then average them by the week due to fluxuations. Obviously I'm not doing this b/c for me it's too much work...LOL..but you are doing soo very well~don't get down! JUST KEEP GOING!!! Next week in your weigh in I bet the results will be GREAT! BIG HUGS!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be discouraging when you know you've been "good" all week and see a weight gain but if you are faithful the weight WILL come off. 1 mile a day is more than I am doing so good for you! I didn't used to be much of a water drinker (in fact I used to solely drink Soda or Crystal Light.) Now I mainly drink water (not enough) but having a nice water bottle has helped with that. I have a nice stainless steel insulated Camelbak bottle. I love it and it goes with me wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karen! I think I will get a good waterbottle. That would be nice to keep with me. Helps avoid the temptation to grab a soda.

    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, bummer on the weight gain! You know, they do say muscle weighs more than fat, so maybe you've gained some muscle, which will soon burn off some fat, so it could be a good thing!

    My hubby hates water but adding a touch of lemon to it makes it more drinkable to him.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sister T and Erin, Thanks for the encouragement. I used to weigh daily and keep a chart. It is a lot of work and creates joy/sadness for a day when I do it. Figured weekly might be better. Muscle would be nice, but why does it have to weigh so darn much! lol Thanks for the encouragement!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for SDSunday :) I'm really needing the motivation and what a great way to get up and going :) Cheers Sue http://notenoughbutter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi April, I was going to say what Erin said. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you most likely gained muscle and NOT FAT! Well done for all the walking you've done. I"m still fighting of the blinking FLU. Best for this next week.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth, Bless your heart! I hope you get better soon! Lots of fluids and rest. Take care!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you use your computer to track calories. I've been using My Fitness Pal for two months now and it has been such a life saver for me. I also have it on my phone. I especially love their extensive food base, even restaurant calories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becky,

    I noticed you had that on your blog. I'll check it out! Thanks!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi April, Thanks for the encouragement on my post! - I did not even think about being 1/3 to my goal nearly!! My brain is not working right now : )

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!