Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Slim Down Sunday Meme - Week 21

Heartfelt HomeschoolingWhether you want to lose lose weight, get fit, eat healthier or all of the above – it always helps to have support from those around you.

Goal – (Revised) Run in a 5K to earn a black belt in TKD

How it Went This Week:

The hubby and I went to the Y to get on the treadmills on Monday.  I was worried since we'd missed the last couple of weeks that I'd be back at square one.  Well, it turns out, the hubby and I both did OK.  I "ran" 2.25 miles.  Of course, the Y has TV's on each treadmill, so I was watching Househunters while jogging, which helped pass the time.  I'm slow.  I know this.  So, once I get to three miles, then I'll pick up the pace.

What’s my Plan for next Week:

Keep up the jogging and TKD.  It's baking week at the house.  Hubby took the week before Christmas off (we are too!  Yay!), so I need to bake cookies for his office.  I doubt my activity will offset all the calories, but...  :-)

Also, a friend found a very interesting recipe for one of my favorite weaknesses/indulgences - Chai Tea with milk and sugar.  The mix I like is around 130 calories a cup - Yikes! 

Here's the recipe - I hope to make a batch of this this week as well:

AUNT SKIP'S CHAI TEA RECIPE           
Spiced Chai Tea Mix

3 cups non fat dry milk powder
1 to 1-1/2 cups sugar "I use splenda"
1 cup unsweetened instant tea "I use decaf"
3/4 cup vanilla flavored powder non-dairy creamer
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Process all ingredients in a
food processor or blender
If using a blender, process in small batches.
Store in a tight container for up to 6 months.
To prepare one serving: Desolve 3 heaping teaspoons of mix
in 8 ounces of hot water. Stir well.
You can find it here:
 

What is your favorite lite recipe for the holidays?

2 comments:

  1. Well done with the exercising. And good luck with your willpower during your baking sessions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Chai Tea recipe! Thank you! But I have to think ... I don't ahve a "Lite" recipe for anything!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!