Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Waiting for Santa

I believe in Santa Claus - it’s a song by Kenny and Dolly that I love listening to each and every year much to my family’s chagrin.

I’ve always had the heart of a child when it comes to Santa.  The idea of a man whose sole purpose in life is to give gifts to children warms my heart.  Think about it!  He braves the North Pole weather, employs the help of tiny craftsman, builds a workshop solely for the purpose of making things to give away (not for profit), travels the world making sure each and every child has the opportunity to share their Christmas wishes, and then spends a day out of his life each year making them all come true. 

I know there are debates on whether Santa is a good thing for children.  Some argue we shouldn’t lie to our kids about someone who doesn’t exist.  However, I would argue, he does exist.  Not in person, but in the spirit of love and charity and giving. 
I get excited each Christmas Eve because Santa Claus is coming to town.  It’s evident on Christmas morning when children’s eyes sparkle, their hearts fill with joy, laughter fills the air, and youngsters bask in the glow of receiving wishes come true that Santa has been there.

Yes, Christmas is about Jesus.  He is the greatest gift ever given.  His message is of love and giving.  Santa is just a personification of that message for the young and the young at heart.

Ho Ho Ho – Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!