Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Eating Healthy in the New Year - Zero Point Soup

My personal postings have been lacking lately – I apologize.  Between spending a week in CO for my grandfather’s funeral and some issues with a place I volunteer for, it’s been hard to think about blogging.

HOWEVER!  I did start my New Year’s Resolutions.  So – I thought I’d share a favorite recipe my sister gave me for a Zero Point Soup.  If you do Weight Watcher’s (I don’t, but I think it’s a great program), then you know zero points means very low-cal and low-fat!  Woot!  That’s the way to start eating healthy in the new year.  I’ll post a pic when I get time to get the ingredients and make it.
Enjoy!


Zero Point Soup
3 cups fat free chicken broth
1 1/2 cups cabbage
1 cup cooked green beans
1 cup onion
2/3 cup carrots
1 clove garlic
1tsp dried oregano
1 tsp table salt
1/2 cup zucchini


Put everything except the cabbage in a pot and boil away until the veggies are tender.  Add cabbage and cook to desired tenderness. 

I keep the leftovers in the refrigerator for future meals or as a warm, healthy snack.

What recipes help you focus on eating healthy?

4 comments:

  1. Gonna try this yummy recipe this weekend. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect timing! Thanks for posting the recipe. :) I gave up all sugar and oil (butter, cooking oil, etc.) the day after Christmas. I want to lose a few pounds and get used to eating healthier. This recipe will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this used to be called waitress soup, before that was politically incorrect..I made this soup..yum! filling and inexpensive..and low low calories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waitress Soup, huh? Interesting! It is really good! I have my batch made and in the refrigerator. A big bowl of this stuff is really filling, but doesn't add to the waistline! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!