Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Open Season on My Cat?

My neighbor allows his dog to chase our cat.  It’s frustrating.  I don’t understand what pleasure he gets out of seeing his dog trying to mangle our kitty. 

I realize, he doesn't like our cat in his yard.  Cats, unlike dogs, don’t obey fences.  How does one keep an outdoor cat away from someone’s yard?
It’s not like Larry is over there all of the time.  He does go into the yard; I’ve seen it.  One time I saw Larry trying to catch a rat that was in that neighbor’s bushes.  You think that service would be appreciated.

I would never call open season on this man’s dog – why on my cat?  Larry’s already come home with a limp once.  He barely escaped this morning, and it really upset my son. 
I don't know what to do about it.  I’m not one to create a confrontation, and I don’t want to take it out on the dog – it’s the owners fault.  However, if I don’t do something, one day, Larry may not get away.


What would you do?

1 comment:

  1. Talk to our neighbor. I know how umm.. convincing you can be for people to do things their way. :) I assure you that if you had a little chat, his dog wouldn't be out chasing our cat anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!