Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Yarning for Winter

The hubby endorses that fact that I have taken up crochet.  It's a fun way to keep my hands busy and a great way to spend time waiting for kids at their various and sundry activities.

So far, I haven't produced a lot, but I've sure enjoyed learning.  I'm blessed to have a good friend with yarning skills and lots of patience to help me out.

So, long story longer, the hubby bought me two skeins of yarn in gold and black and a couple crochet needles for Mother's Day.  Why gold and black you ask?  Because they are his alma mater's school colors of course, and he wanted a scarf for football season.

Since I love making things for him, this was the perfect gift.  With some advice from said friend, I embarked on a somewhat creative pattern.  With his input, here is the scarf (complete with white stripe the hubby requested to make sure all colors are represented) and a hat to accompany it.  I'm pretty happy with them if I do say so myself.  He is too, and that's all that matters.  Yay for accomplishing something, even it if is winter attire in the dead of summer! 

Do you yarn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!