Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Memoir - Week 16

Yes, it is still cold here.  Well, cold for the South, at least.  There is still some snow on the ground.  If you're from around here, you understand that that is a big deal - snow sticking around for a week.  It's usually gone in a day.  I want to be warm - not hot, but warm. 

Here are the two questions for this week.  Grab them, post them, then come on back and link up. 

What types of inclement weather did you have to deal with as a child? Have you ever been through a monster blizzard, hurricane, tornado? How did your family handle it?


What states have you lived in? If you could relocate to anywhere in the U.S., where would it be? Why?



What types of inclement weather did you have to deal with as a child? Have you ever been through a monster blizzard, hurricane, tornado? How did your family handle it?


I’ve been through several blizzards living in Colorado and Wyoming, but nothing that was too big of a deal to handle. We would occasionally have a tornado out in the prairie areas. I’ve never been threatened by a tornado, but I have crawled on top of a roof to watch one way out in the distance. It sounds a lot more reckless than it is. You can see for miles and miles and miles (just like the song) in the flatlands of Colorado. Completely foreign to my Southern friends now. One viewing did manage to get me blown off a roof. Again, not as bad as it sounds. I was going to get down and didn’t anticipate for the wind. Ended up down a lot faster and a lot less safely than I originally anticipated. A few scratches and a big bruise on my pride, but other than that all was Ok. I’d probably still do it today – I’d always much rather see things for myself than read about them.

What states have you lived in? If you could relocate to anywhere in the U.S., where would it be? Why?

I’ve lived in Wyoming, Colorado, Washington and North Carolina. Right now, I’m in no rush to get out of NC. I still do love Colorado, but home is here. We’ve been here so long now. I would love, one day, to buy an old farmhouse and renovate it. So, I would relocate to someplace rural. I was thinking the mountains, but this cold snap has made me think twice about those frigid winters. Maybe just farther out in the county. I’m gonna have me some chickens one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!