Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Five Question Friday


It’s Friday! The last day of classes before we go on break for Thanksgiving! A great perk of homeschooling – taking our breaks when we want to. We skipped two “public school” days off and pooled them into a week long hiatus from school to focus on being Thankful.

Join me in a little Five Question Friday? When you are done visit the My Little Life blog to see what others had to say.

1. What Christmas song do you loathe?

The Twelve Days of Christmas. It’s like 100 bottles of beer on the wall – after the 1,000,000 time I’ve heard it, it’s grating on my soul. That and Santa Baby.. Yuck!

2. Do you and your significant other cuddle at night or sleep on opposite sides of the bed?

We spoon. Me behind him. We would never, ever switch sides. We’re very comfortable in our own side of the room. Switching would result in a poor night’s sleep.

3. Have you ever had surgery?

C-section with baby number three. Shattered my wrist on Christmas Eve a couple years ago and had surgery to realign the bones. Then, a big cast followed by a second surgery to put in a plate and ten screws a couple days after Christmas. The lengths I’ll go to not to have to cook the turkey… lol

4. When do you typically have your holiday shopping done?

I always shoot for Thanksgiving as my target. I like to have all the purchasing done and ready to enjoy the season when Turkey Day arrives. That way I can sit back, enjoy the tree, sip cocoa and not worry about Black Friday.

5. If money were not an issue (and you HAD to pick something), what would your ultimate luxury item be?


Unlimited travel. Traveling is my favorite thing to do. I would love to experience all parts of the world some day.

3 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention staying home on Black Friday.....I usually opt for that too, but not this year! 12 Days of Christmas is a good one....so annoying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley, Good luck! I tried it one year. After people ran past me in the aisles and proceeded to load their carts with several of the one deal I was there for, I vowed never again. While they emptied the shelves, I went to the bay doors to ask if any were in the back. There was one - so I got out of there with my purchase and my dignity. Barely... lol
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it will be CRAZY! And I'm not a patient person, so it should be interesting! LOL. Thanks for the follow, now returning the favor! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!