Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Unsolicited Job Offer

So, I open my email and find I have quite a unique offer waiting for me…

“I have reviewed your resume today. Well done, I must say! We have an opening for a gift wrapper associate (full-time and part-time). I would like to offer you this position. Please let me know if you're interested.”

I mean; I DO love Christmas and all, but gift-wrapping is low on the enjoyment scale of the rest of the holiday fare. In addition to that, I’m pretty sure I have never applied for a gift wrapping job in my life. I had to chuckle.

I guess it’s good to feel wanted, but this may be stretching it just a tad…

Naturally, I immediately thought of my two job-aged teens. Would one of them benefit from wrapping gifts all season? Would my apparent stellar resume reflect favorably on them and get them hired? Bummer – one goes to school out of town and won’t be around until late in the bow and trimming season. The boy, well, I love his attempts at wrapping, but there just isn’t enough tape in the store…

So, while saying NO is not one of my strengths, this email will have to go unanswered. In a year when jobs are sparse, I truly hope this is a genuine offer and someone more willing and capable than I will benefit from it.

Speaking of wrapping gifts – I really need to get started if I ever want to get into my closet again…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!