Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Perils of Redecoration

As you can see by the pics I posted yesterday, the new room is coming together. However, this hasn’t been without incident.

It drives the hubby crazy that I am accident prone. I was raised with the “if it doesn’t kill you, it makes you stronger” mantra. So, if I ain’t dead and the goal was accomplished, it must have been worth it.

Perhaps you don’t agree?

The first incident happened while painting the crown molding in the kitchen. I stepped from on top of the island to the countertop across from it with a small paint can in my hand. Losing my balance, ever so slightly, I grabbed some molding on the top of the cabinets to steady myself. It gave way. I fell. My son, luckily, was there to change my trajectory making me hit my back against the island instead of my head on the island. God is good! Paint went everywhere. Including all over my son. Urgh!



The second incident came while trying to assemble my new coffee table. For some reason, they had stuffed styrofoam in one of the drawers making it impossible to open. I used a sharp implement.. well… kitchen knife, to begin cutting it away and getting the drawer open. It was more effective than I thought, and I ended up slicing my finger as well. Fortunately, we were able to find the super glue, and, once my finger stopped bleeding, effect a repair.


Don’t know about super glue? You should! It’s essentially what they use in the hospitals to repair wounds. The nice thing is, you have it in your cupboards and it transforms a three hour doctor’s visit into a five second repair. Perfect! I really does work – take my word on that. Remember, I’m accident prone!

So, some work is still to be done. I’m under orders not to work on anything without the hubby around. We’ll see… :-)  I ain’t dead yet…

1 comment:

  1. Be careful! Lucky your son was there:) And, yes, that room is worth some trouble (it looks gorgeous)...but not bodily injury!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!