Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Truth About Dating, Love & Just Being Friends Review

The Truth about Dating, Love and Just Being Friends
Author: Chad Eastham

The Truth About Dating, Love & Just Being Friends was a review opportunity I was excited to take. I have two older children ages 18 and 20, and then I have two younger boys ages 13 and 11. My younger boys love to read. As they are on the cusp of dating, any and all materials that I can have confidence in are welcome.


The book is written in a conversational tone aimed at the teenage set. Graphics help make the text engaging while highlighting the important concepts. There are even quizzes to help the reader see how the information is relevant to him/her.

I thought it would be pertinent to get my teen son’s opinion on the book. As a mom, I found it very informative and written at a level young teens can enjoy. Here’s what he had to say:

One of the things I disliked about this book is how some of the things he says can be misleading. The author may promise an answer to a question in chapter six, but the answer he gives the reader several chapters later, is often brief or very vague. The author may tell you that “in order for this to happen, you need to do that” but the author never explains how to do “that,” suggesting that you should go pickup another book, and figure out how.

One of the things I liked about this book was the random facts the author adds in at the beginning of every chapter. I like how he relates the fact to what he is discussing in the chapter. Another thing I liked was how he would put his main points of each chapter on a separate line, away from the text. This makes skimming each chapter relatively easy.

I would recommend this book to anyone who actually has questions about anything that the book emphasizes like dating. I would not recommend the book to anyone who does not have specific questions they think the book can answer. I do not think anyone should read this book for entertainment.

*** I received a copy of this book free from BookSneeze for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!