Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Memoir Monday - Week 12

 Last week of schooling and we are officially on Christmas break!  Woo Hoo!

My daughter is home for the holidays - a break from the roommate strife and stress of college life.  

Here are the Monday Memoir questions – pop by, check them out, and link back up on Monday…

1. Did you have roommates or companions? Tell about them and the things you learned living with others.

2. Did you have a favorite T.V. show as a child or youth? Or radio show?


 1. Did you have roommates or companions? Tell about them and the things you learned living with others.


This is an interesting question for me because I do believe that living with someone who isn’t family can be challenging. Actually, sometimes, living with family is challenging.

I remember meeting my first college roommate for the first time. She walked in and was looking for a place to hide her “stash”. A small bag of pot. Being the geeky, inexperienced person that I was, I was shocked. I really didn’t know what to think. Eventually, we found a way to get along and I moved out second semester. Quite the “welcome to college”.

When I switched universities, I lived in a house my father owned. (Yep, I paid rent.) I married my sophomore year and we had a string of roommates come through the house. My husband (now ex) was in a frat – so mostly frat boys came through our house. I had chores for them and cooked them dinner. Silly, but I didn’t know any different.

Now, my daughter lives with three other girls. It’s very challenging at times. There is one in particular that she is in constant friction with. It’s a good life lesson providing they both survive the year.



2. Did you have a favorite T.V. show as a child or youth? Or radio show?

I watched a lot of TV as a youth. Now, I could live without a TV entirely. I do remember enjoying watching the “Wide World of Disney” and Jacques’ Cousteau on Friday, or was it Sunday, nights? The whole family would get together to watch.

I also remember enjoying watching “The Love Boat” and “Fantasy Island”. I guess that was the Friday evening shows.

Then, there were the soaps. Days of Our Lives was a favorite of mine. I spent summers building my schedule around that show.

Nowadays, my hubby and I like to watch Bones. I will watch the cooking channel if Iron Chef or Chopped are on. Other than that, we watch sports. I’d just rather read, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!