Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Say Mmm Review

Say Mmm

http://www.saymmm.com/index.php

Cost: Free for basic site, $3/month for Say Mmm Plus (grocery price and calorie tracking)

I have created a recipe book for my close and extended family. I refer to it often as it is a compilation of all of our favorite meals. This is my go-to for making my family happy on week nights.

I wanted to try Say Mmm because it offers and opportunity for even greater organization. Not only would my recipes be online, but I would be able to choose the items I needed to buy for them at the grocery store. In addition, if I were ambitious, I could plan out our weekly meals in advance including sides and desserts. (I’m rarely that ambitious…)

The setup is fairly intuitive. In addition, the site offers excellent tutorial videos throughout. I began by entering in some of our favorite recipes. They can easily be copied and pasted in or you can link to them if they are online.



I was hoping I would be able to click and add items I needed to the grocery list. However, it makes sense that that wouldn’t work since each ingredient isn’t entered in individually. They do make it easy to bring up a recipe and type in the ingredients you want to add to your list. In addition, they have common linked common items that you can quickly add.


The grocery list is well organized and a big help when shopping. The Say Mmm Plus allows you to track prices and label which stores you will be shopping at for the items.



On the front end, the setup takes a fair bit of work. You have to get all your recipes loaded in in order to use them. However, once that is done. The flexibility of planning your weekly menu, calling up your recipes, and selecting grocery items is nice.

It you are big into coupons or checking the ads for prices, Say Mmm Plus can be a big help. Coupon links are part of the site in addition to the ability to track prices. For the conscientious shopper, this site can become a real asset.

***  I was given free access to this site by Say Mmm for my honest review through MamaBuzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!