Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday Memoir - Week 13


Brick!  I've been out of town!  I set this to publish Monday, but then forgot to publish it, so here it sits in draft.  Doh! 

What a weekend!  We had our TaeKwonDo testing and a family party on Saturday.  Then, our church cantata was on Sunday.  We're definitely full into the swing of the holidays.

Just a reminder, Monday Memoir will be taking the Week of Christmas off. I'll be ready to start back the week after.

Here are the Monday Memoir questions – pop by, check them out, and link back up …

1. What is the best gift you have ever given? 

2.  What is the oddest gift you have ever received?  What did you do with it?


1. What is the best gift you have ever given?

I wrack my brain every year trying to find just the right gift for each person on my list. With unlimited funds, I could probably achieve my goals, but that’s not reality. I’ve had hits or misses with gifts, but I always try my best to create that WOW factor when giving gifts.

As for the best gift, my husband loves guitars. He loves to play his guitars and enjoys his time in the church praise band. I gave him his first Bass as a birthday present which lead to his playing in the band. That was a good gift, but one that I got lucky with. Guitars are very specific (or so I’m told as my musical talent is miniscule). So, I wanted to really show him how much he is appreciate and loved at Christmas one year and wanted to get him the perfect guitar. I asked his buddies what would be best and kept getting the same advice – let him pick it! Finally, I did get gift cards so he could pick his own guitar. He LOVED it! So, believe it or not, gift cards were the best gift I ever gave.

As a sidebar, one year I gave my sister four huge cans of hairspray. She’s never let me live that down. It was truly done from the heart, though. We grew up in the eighties during the big hair craze. Our hair was rock solid before we ever left the house. I thought she’d appreciate the magnacious supply – chalk that up to one of my misses.


2. What is the oddest gift you have ever received? What did you do with it?

I’ve received some pretty odd gifts over the years. It’s hard to narrow down to the oddest gift ever. But, I’ve have to say is was the PJ’s Scott’s aunt gave me for Christmas one year. These were the full body PJ’s minus the footies at the bottom. There was a dog embroidered on the front and a hatch in the back. A nice deep red – striking. What did I do with them? I wore them of course. When it got really cold at night, those PJ’s were just the ticket for staying warm. The hubby didn’t mind – he’s not much for caring what I wear to bed. I never test drove the hatch, however – just couldn’t quite bring myself to give it a shot. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!