Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Recipe #4 - Hearty Sausage and Rice Casserole

 This recipe is exactly what it says it is - hearty!  I loved the mix of vegetables that are added at the beginning.  Long grain and wild rice is always good too.  I used a mild Italian sausage, and I wouldn't do that in the future.  I think a good sage sausage would be better and add more flavor variety to the meal.

The hubby enjoyed the meal, but he noted he'd like more rice and less sausage.  My two finicky boys opted for mac-n-cheese instead.  Middle son did say he liked everything in it except the sausage, so a different meat, maybe even ground beef, might be a better choice.

It's easy to put together and makes for a good comfort food.  This is definitely not low calorie.  Turkey sausage would be a good alternative; they didn't have any at the store when I went.


3 comments:

  1. This looks really good! I just put it on our menu for next week - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I love stuff like this in Winter. You are such a cutie and i love your kitchen:) I tried to make a video of a recipe from e-mealz with Em as my videographer, but ended up with 5 minutes of shots of my chest, Ha--she is shorter than I realized, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, love all those colors in there and it looks so good:) yum, yum, yum. Thanks for sharing your recipes.
    Hope you're having a great weekend,
    Barbara
    Spanish4Kiddos – The Spanish Science Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!