Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Slim Down Sunday Meme - Week 9

Heartfelt HomeschoolingWhether you want to lose 10 pounds, 20 pounds or 100 pounds – it always helps to have support from those around you.

Goal – lose 20 pounds   
Pounds Lost (Week 8) – .5 pounds...  Lost up till now - 15.5

As a quick update on my son - he had surgery on Tuesday.  He had actually cut through the ligament, tendon, nerve, artery and partially into his knuckle.  The surgery went well.  He's in a fair bit of pain, but it's getting better and he's started back to classes.  Thank you for your concern and prayers! 

How it Went This Week:

I'm utterly frustrated.  .5 pounds in three weeks!  ARGH!  What do I have to do to get the weight loss started again?  I did start the Couch to 5K program this week and have run for three days.  Additionally, I've been doing the cleanse as well.  It's been interesting.  I'm really surprised at how much is off limits for good digestive health.  I guess not off limits, but certainly limited for the cleanse.  I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep so restricted - it's really making this whole dieting thing too hard and causing me to want to rebel and eat chocolate cake!

I have been off caffeine for four days now.  The first two days I did take one Excedrine (which has caffeine) to ward off the pounding headache, but the last two days have been caffeine free.  Surprisingly, I'm more awake than when I'm drinking mass quanitities of caffeine.  I sure do miss my Diet Coke, though. 

What’s my Plan for next Week:

I'm going to keep up with the Couch to 5K.  It's not killing me, and it's extremely important if I want to earn my blackbelt.  I just wish it was reflected on the scale! 

I'm not sure about sticking with the cleanse -  here.  It's supposed to be for two to three weeks.  I'm on Day 4 and not happy with how limited I feel.  We'll see how I feel each morning and what the scale says after that.

I'm just so discouraged - I'm tired of what I see in the mirror and just don't know what it takes to make it better.  What worries me is I can't spend my life starving either.  Why is it I can eat whatever I want and only be 15 pounds heavier?  That just doesn't compute.

So, tell me some good news on your end or let me comiserate with you!  Let's all lose this week!

2 comments:

  1. Hey April~
    I wanna encourage you girl...Slow ISSSS best! I've been working to make permanent changes and taking the food down slowly (if this makes sense) to alleviate the feelings of deprevation and denial...You most likely are building muscle. It weighs more than body fat. Muscle will burn your calories better. Big hugs and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems, when losing weight, that there are always those "plateaus" but eventually it will break - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!