Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 3 in 30

3in30 ChallengeHow is it that August has flown by so quickly?  I'm just sure I only posted my first 3 in 30 a week or so ago!  Can it be that the entire month has already flown by? 

As you can guess from my mystified stance above, my month flew by so fast, I lost track of some of my goals.  However, I can say I made some progress on each of them

Progress for August:

Goal #1:  Lose Weight

This goal has been slow going.  Not that I'm not losing weight, or, heaven forbid, gaining weight, but it's not falling off as fast as I would like.  (I've found out some info that may change that - will cover that shortly).  Still doing the Slim Down Sunday Meme.  The ladies that I do it with are such an encouragement!

Goal #2:  Learn my Poomses
Well....  The best intentions, right?  I found a web site that lists these all out step-by-step.  So, I learned more this past month than I knew, but I can't say I actually learned all of them. 

Goal #3:  Invest in our Homeschool

We started school on the 22nd.  So far, so good.  The boys each have planners that they are following closely.  Our co-op has started up along with some of their other activities.  I'm not teaching and finding I have much more time to focus on them, the house, my spouse, etc.  So all is well with this one.  If we keep up the momentum - I'll call this goal well underway! 
Now for September:

Goal #1: Lose Weight

In addition to what I'm alreay doing, I found out that we will have to be able to run three miles in thirty minutes to earn our black belt.  While this is a year away, I have a loooong way to go before I can even think about running three miles.  Luckily, I have a good friend who does triathalons...  So, she's going to help me get started and stay committed. Who knows - a few 5K's might be in my future.  (You must understand - I HATE running!  But, if it's a choice between not running or a blackbelt, then I'm gonna run!)



Goal #2: Learn my Poomses
I'm modifying this a tad.  My son's and I are going to make a folder with all of the steps for all of the belt levels including the poomses.  While I might not have it all down by the end of September, I do want to have a resource from which to practice.
Goal #3: Invest in our Homeschool

I'm keeping this goal too!  We are just underway...  I've been blessed to be able review for the TOS Homeschool Crew again this year, so we'll be testing out and incorporating new things throughout our year.  Balance will be key!  As the schedule keeps solidifying, I want to keep my focus on supporting my boys and the rest of my family so they can all be successful.

  Thank you for your encouragement and comments as they all help keep me on track.

What are your three main goals for September?

9 comments:

  1. I posted my goals on my blog, but I like the continuity between your August and September goals. I have an overarching goal of getting our household running more effectively and I'm trying to make sure that my 3in30 goals feed into that larger picture plan.

    What kind of planners are your boys using? I'm trying to teach my son how to use a chart/planner, but since I'm not good at it, that's not going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're using planners from The Well-Planned Day. My high school aged son has a four year planner. I've found them to be very helpful in keeping them on track and for accountability. They aren't done until everything is checked off.

    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your goals! I am on a weight loss journey too....still getting baby weight off from 3 years ago {sigh}. I am at a standstill and hope to get back to it after vacation! Sounds like homeschooling is off to a great start for you this year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals, April! :-)
    I am looking forward to following your progress and maybe joining you in the Sunday Weight Loss Meme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound very achievable. Have you heard of couch to 5K? Another blogger mention it on twitter a few weeks ago. I don't know too much about it but here's a link http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml It may be helpful. Good Luck and thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicolette - Thank you for the link! SparingChange - I'm hope you will join us!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the middle of the Couch to 5k program, and I can honestly say it is really working! I have never run before in my life, and I am now up to being able to run for almost 10 minutes at a time. At the end of the program I will be able to do a 5k in 30 minutes or less!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa,

    That's great! If you blog about it, I'll be excited to read about your progress. It looks good and I'm going to try since I MUST be able to do 3 in 30 (miles to mins) that is. Thanks for the feedback!
    I'm excited!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've finished the couch to 5K last spring and am up to running a 12 minute mile for about an hour. It's amazing what our bodies are capable of. This is my first 3 in 30 but look forward to cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!