Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Continued Crockpot Success

My ongoing dedication to finding new recipes to fill my crockpot has been a lot of fun. Last week I told you about my love of the Molly Makes Slow Cooker Suppers download from TOC. Since then I have tried out four additional recipes from the "book". (I got so excited about the eating, I only remembered to take a pic of one of them. Doh!)

1. Farmhand Supper

This was a big hit. Loaded with ground beef, potatoes, onions and a tomato based sauce, it was delish! We had been having a minor cold snap as of late, and this was the ultimate comfort food. It made so much I invited my in-laws over to partake with us. Only my youngest wasn’t a fan – as I’ve noted, he’s my Mikey. He is VERY finicky. Six out of seven approval rating works for me! Here’s a pic from the recipe book, mine looked just like this minus the cornbread (which would have been a good idea!):


2. Pineapple Chicken

I wasn’t sure how this one would go over. It’s basically chicken, pineapple and soy sauce. We’re not big on Asian flavor here. Not that a few of us don’t love sweet and sour, but it’s about half and half with our family. It was a good change of pace, but probably won’t make it into the final cut of regular rotation meals.

3. Ham and Bean Soup

Wonderful! That is if I hadn’t have added salt to it. It said salt to taste. Scott says he should hang a salt lick by our bed so that I can get my fix as needed; however, this was even too salty for me. I am going to take a second shot at this one because the flavors were really good minus the excess salt. Another perfect comfort food for a cold evening.

4. Creamy Cubed Steak

Tonight was the debut of this recipe. Although, in all fairness, my men do love them some good country style steak. I’ve made something like this before, but not with the added ingredients of beef broth, cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix. I only used half of what they called for of these three, and it came out wonderful. It made a delicious gravy to go with the steak. In the past, the steak has been good, but the gravy left something to be desired. These add-on’s did just the trick. Loved by all – even Noah! Woot! Added to the rotation!


 
I’m going to try a few more this week and next. It’s quite fun trying out new recipes, especially when I can put them in the crockpot in the morning and have a wonderful hot meal ready at night! I don’t know about y’all, but I run out of gas right about dinner time. Knowing the family will be well fed and I won’t be exhausted afterwards is a major plus!

If you have great crockpot recipes - please post them in the comments! I'm always looking for easy, new ways to spice up our evening meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!