Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm in Slow Cooker Heaven!

I had to share with all of you my new favorite find – it’s called Molly Makes $7 Slow Cooker Suppers. This isn’t a review! This is just me gushing over the e-book.



I LOVE LOVE LOVE my slow cooker! It makes life SO much easier. Put ingredients in in the morning, and when dinner rolls around it’s a few simple sides and we’re ready to eat a yummy meal. In fact, I’m spoiled by my slow cooker. I almost never want to spend time actually cooking anymore.

So, TOS had an ad on Facebook about this download. It was cheap - $7.95 on sale for $4.95, so I figured it was worth taking a chance on.

I picked seven recipes that I thought my rather finicky family would be willing to test drive. I really need a new repertoire for my crockpot.
I tried a recipe called Round Steak ala Yummy! It was delicious! My two youngest boys gobbled it up! That’s what I’m talking about! It’s in the rotation.

Yesterday, I went with the Beef Vegetable Soup. Lots of canned veggies, stew meat and beef onion soup. Here’s how it turned out:

I added some yeast rolls, and we were all set. Now, I have to say the boys didn’t love all the veg, but they have to let mom make them eat them once in a while. I thought it was delicious! Did I mention it was easy?

I’ll keep you apprised of the remaining five attempts. If you’re unsure if you want to buy the book, check back here and I’ll give you my family’s opinion. My kids are like the Mikey of the old commercials – “He won’t he it; he hates everything!” If they eat it, you know it’s gonna be a winner. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!