Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Five Question Friday

Five Question Friday - This week FLEW by.  Not sure why, but we blinked and it's already over.  So excited for November to start next week!  Yay!

Five for this week. Please post your responses and then visit Five Question Friday from the My Little Life blog to see what others had to say.

1. If you could be a fly on any wall, which would you choose?
Boy, now that’s a tough one.  If I could go back in history, the options would be numerous - the Last Supper, Sermon on the Mount, Second Constitutional Congress, planning sessions before the final battle of any war, landing on the moon, etc.  How to pick?
Today… Hmmm…  Boy, when I think about it, all the options seem kinda boring.  Oval office – nah.  Congress – definitely not!  Snooooze…  I guess I could be a spy fly and sit in on discussions in North Korea or Iraq or Iran or Afghanistan… 
2. Do you budget your Christmas shopping or just get it done without budgeting?
I don’t budget it to the penny, but I do get a sense in my head of how much is reasonable to spend.  I like to breakdown everyone we shop for and try to keep track of how much we spend for each.  Scott’s parents, his sister’s family, my sister and family, my dad’s family, my grandparents, friends, etc. 
With four kids, I do try to keep the spending about the same for each, but don’t worry if one gets a little more than the other.
3. What is the craziest fad diet you have ever done?
I did do the Carbohydrate Addict’s Diet.  You don’t eat carbs all day, and then you have one hour for the main meal where you can eat anything.  It worked for the most part.  I was exercising a lot then too.  The only problem is that that hour became an obsession.  I don’t like being so focused on eating.  That’s the problem with diets – eating and food takeover my brain.  Just knowing I can’t have something can make me fixate on it.  Doh!
4. Is there a TV show that you have seen every episode/season of?
Not really. We like Bones, so that’s the closest we’ve been to seeing All of it.  Last season we missed a few.  We’re Tivo’ing the season this time, so eventually I can answer Bones to this question.
5. What one song always pulls at your heart?
I don’t know if this counts, but I like You Gotta Be by Des’ree.  I liked this song back when I was a single mom and recently divorced.  It helped motivate me at times when things got rough.  Take a listen here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhpZfltbnAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!