Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Monday Memoir - Week 2

Welcome to Monday Memoir - Week 2!

Post your responses weekly to the memoir questions, and you too can assemble a set of memories for your children and grandchildren to cherish for years to come. Of course, if assembling isn’t your thing, then just join as we enjoy the walk down memory lane.

Here are this week’s questions:

1. Describe the perfect autumn day and what activities you enjoy.

2. Did you have a childhood hideout – tell about it?

I especially like these questions this week as the weather has finally turned to fall. We went from temps in the low to mid nineties to temps in the seventies. Honestly, I'd like it to get into the sixties and just hold there. I'm sure you'll hear me complaining about the cold come January, but, for now, it's nice to be back to pleasant temps where we can go outside and just enjoy nature.

1. Describe the perfect autumn day and what activities you enjoy.

I think that by far autumn is my favorite season. While the heat is nice at the beginning of summer, by the end, I’m ready for a little relief. Sweater weather is wonderful. I can put on my favorite sweater, walk outside in the cool air and just enjoy nature. All the animals are scurrying getting ready for winter, the air is crisp with the hint of a fireplace in the distance, and the breeze is refreshing.

My first year in NC, 1994, was the perfect autumn. Growing up in Colorado, I enjoyed the changing of the aspen from green to gold, but here in NC the trees turn all colors of orange, red, yellow,… I was just mesmerized. Our annual trip to see the leaves in something that symbolizes autumn to me.

2. Did you have a childhood hideout - tell about it?

We moved a lot when I was a kid, so I wouldn’t say there was a specific hideout that I had. However, when I was old enough to drive, we lived in Fort Collins, Colorado. It was a twenty minute drive to be up in the mountains along the river in the Poudre Canyon. There was a specific place in the canyon where a large rock jutted out over the river. I used to love to drive up there, climb up on my rock and either think or read. I miss that location. Being a mountain girl, that rock was a little slice of heaven.



Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!