Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Tough Times and Homeschool

How do you homeschool during illness or family stress or crisis?

Wow, what a great question. I wish I knew the answer, or, actually, I’m glad I don’t. We’ve been very blessed during our homeschool journey. Aside from the occasional cold, we’ve not had any major hurdles to overcome these past three years (knock on wood!).


There have been a few times of family stress, but those times we are able to push aside the stress during school hours. In fact, when there is stress, the routine and enjoyment we get out of schooling tends to make life a little easier.

We’ve had to travel several times while schooling. Personally, I think this is just an opportunity for schooling outside of the box. I always find us educational tours wherever we land. We pack our bookbags and do school on the plane, in the car or in a hotel room. It’s always a priority.

I know some amazing women that have homeschooled as single parents, while battling cancer, and even while losing a spouse. These women I admire tremendously! My heart and prayers go out to each and every one of them! I don’t know how we’d handle schooling in those situations. What I do know is that we are committed to homeschool. It’s not just something we do – it’s a way of life. I have great faith we would be able to overcome most obstacles and still make homeschooling the experience God intends it to be for our family.

How have you handled the hurdles life throws at you while homeschooling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!