Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award - Thank You!

Thanks so much to Merit at Creative Learning for giving me the Beautiful Blogger Award. It made my day!

Merit has a wonderful blog and three beautiful children to blog about. Visit her for inspiration - she's given new meaning to the word multi-task!

As a recipient of the Beautiful Blogger award, I must:

1) Add a link and note of thanks to the person giving the award.

2) Pass the award on to the bloggers whose blogs you love (15 tops)

3) Share 7 things about yourself

Seven things about myself - that will be a challenge. Why is it always hard to talk about ourselves?

1. I'm from Colorado originally. Born and raised a Denver Broncos fan, I am holding out hope that Tim Tebow, a homeschooler, will be able to pull the team out of their slump! Go Broncos!

2. Traveling is my passion. Seeing new places, learning from new experiences, engaging new cultures really excites me. Thanks to my wonderful husband, we've seen eleven countries so far. I hope to keep adding to this number. My goal for now is to take the family on a mission trip somewhere in South America. If it's God's plan for us, it will happen.

3. I'm a total geek. Personally, I think this is a good thing. I love technology and all that can be done with it. While I recognize the pitfalls, being online has enabled us to provide such a rich learning experience for our children!

4. After turning forty this year, I decided to work with my boys towards earning a black belt in Taekwondo. If I can get it accomplished before I'm forty-five, it'd be great! Nothing like a well executed roundhouse kick to relieve stress.

5. I teach college level English classes online for two universities. After leaving the community college I was teaching at and deciding to homeschool, I felt like I needed to keep up my teaching skills. So, I turned to teaching online. It's been an interesting adventure. Not quite as personal as I like, but still giving me the opportunity to engage students and learn. Teaching is my calling. No matter what road I go down, I always end up teaching. I'm also teaching CLEP Composition at our co-op, and JV apologetics to our speech and debate club.

6. Some days I can't believe how blessed we have been by God. There are times that undeserving doesn't even begin to cover it.

7. My grandparents are my heros. Grandma is 96, and Grandpa just turned 97. They have been married for 76 years. Not a day goes by that I don't marvel at their lives.

That's a little bit about me. Here are a few bloggers I'd like you to check out. Their comments and contributions really give me strength for our homeschool journey.

1. Heather @ Faith, Family and Fun

2. April @ Abramyan Family

3. Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads

4. Tristan @ Our Busy Homeschool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!