Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Five Question Friday

Five Question Friday - Friday again... This week went by really fast and really slow - both at the same time. Ever have that happen? I've been sick all week, so the days seem to crawl by, but all of the sudden it's Friday. Must be the cold medicine... Anyhoo, here are my Fave Five for this week. I hope they are coherent as I'm currently getting ready to snuggle in after a large dose of nighttime cold... Please post your responses and then visit Five Question Friday from the My Little Life blog to see what others had to say.

1. Who is the better cook, you or your spouse?

I am, with one blot on my record. We had an “Iron Chef” cook-off in the house one night. We both had a Crockpot and meat to work with. His got voted better than mine by the boys. I contend that his cut of meat was better and juicier than mine, but they would have none of it and crowned him victorious. When we are able to be on a more level playing field, I intend to rectify this little mishap.

2. How often do you talk to your mom?

Never.

3. Are you adventurous in the kitchen or stick to the recipe?

I like to be adventurous. Of course, I like all sorts of foods from plain Southern to exotic. Unfortunately, that makes me an island. The boys and hubby like a routine with most things fitting into meat and/or fried. My teens will be adventurous with me; problem is, they are never home. While I do expose them to new things every now and again, I have found that if they won’t eat it, it’s not worth the effort. We have ventured into new Crockpot recipe territory with some pretty good success, though. J

4. Is your second toe longer than your big toe?

Yes, in fact it’s a hammer toe. Bent over with a giant knuckle. Not particularly attractive, but then what’s a person to do? It is what it is.

5. Do you dress up for Halloween? (Bonus question: What will you be this year?)

Nope. I’ve never been a fan of Halloween. I have let the kids Trick-or-Treat each year, though. This will probably be the last year. Phew! My youngest wants to do it one more time.

1 comment:

  1. Your new blog is bright and cheery. It looks great! Thank you for sharing it with us. Mindy B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I love to hear your thoughts!