The best part about them is how easy they are! This isn’t the best pic, but they were in the process of being consumed before I remembered to get a snapshot.
I thought I’d share the recipe since we all need something that is yummy and easy to fix…
- Four to five chicken breasts cooked (I boiled them to get them done fast.) We like to chop the chicken up into small bites.
- One can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies. (I go with mild so everyone likes them; you pick the heat.)
- One can of enchilada sauce (if you like red sauce) or one can of green chili sauce (Chili verde) – (again, you pick the heat.) ((Personally – I like green chili, but that’s just me. We make a little of each.))
- Three cups of shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- One package of 8-inch diameter flour tortillas 10 count – I like them pretty thin (some brands can be thick).
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray large casserole dish with non-stick spray. (Trust me – don’t miss this step for easy cleanup.)
- Put the cooked chicken, Rotel, and half the sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- Add two-thirds of the cheese and mix again.
- Put a scoop of the filling on the tortilla to fill it and wrap it placing it in a casserole fold side down.
- Do this for remaining filling/tortillas nestling them in next to each other.
- Cover the enchiladas with the remaining sauce.
- Place the remaining cheese across the top.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with refried beans or a nice salad. Yum!
Needless to say – we are all about to pop!